Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MSL History

Yesterday, I posted links to two stories at The Space Review on the history of the Mars Science Laboratory technical and financial issues and labeled them as "excellent". Two readers, one anonymous and the other Alan Stern, have left comments saying that the articles don't reflect their knowledge of the actual history.

I should not have labeled these articles as excellent since I have no independent way of assessing them. They may in fact be excellent or have major problems. In the future, I will try not to apply adjectives to articles on issues that I don't have independent knowledge of. I will continue to provide links to major sources of information such as these articles.

For those interested in the history of MSL, a new presentation to the MEPAG meeting was just posted. Starting on page 7, it provides NASA's view of the history and current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment